Sunday, March 6, 2011

Soft


"He had such a hard time. He was such a good person when he was a little boy. He was so smart. So soft, you know? That gets kicked out of you when you're a boy."

"It's no cake-walk for girls."

"No, but it's harder for little boys."

I always cry thinking of my brother's childhood.

"But he's so smart. He'll only become better."

"He's the best brother in the world."

"I know people that peaked young. High school, some before. They're on a downward slope. Mike knows everyone is full of shit and that's valuable."

"I know. You're fucked if you drink the Kool-Aid young."

"I look at some people I know and I can see middle age encroaching. You watch them. You think you're getting older, not younger. The light's gone out."

People change, and a change can be a bloom as well as a withering.

No comments:

Post a Comment