Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Emily Hampshire BlogTO Article Excerpt



There is no one in the world like Emily Hampshire. Strikingly beautiful and with a personality full of quirks and interesting insights, I have never met another person like her.

She is also, hands down, my favourite Canadian actress. Her work is as special as she is. She comes across as genuine, affecting, and remarkably unique, on and off screen. I've always looked up to her. I was thrilled when she and I worked together a little over a year ago on a movie called Die, being released in Canada in the New Year.

I find she and Jacob Tierney (her best friend and the director of Good Neighbours, the film Emily stars in that's premiering at TIFF) very inspirational. They are two talented Canadian actors who have banded together, with an incredible loyalty, creating fantastic work. Watching them together at award shows, and parties, as well as their Facebook banter, is equal parts funny and touching. They are hilarious and witty, and they make me wish I had my own creative soul mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment