Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Til Death

He holds me in his big arms, drunk and I am seeing stars, this is all I think of.



"I think I'm not married because I take it too seriously. I am too committed to the idea. I think when you get married you shouldn't take his last name, you should create a whole name. A whole new tribe, together. I think your husband should be your absolute first priority. If your husband is in a car, choking, and your mother is dying by the side of the road, you help your husband first. That's really what I think. He asked me to move to New Zealand with him and I couldn't do that because I thought of all the films I had in production, all the stuff I couldn't do there. I realized, this isn't right. Some things are more important than work. Some things should be, like your husband. I should have said to him, 'Yes, baby, I'd move anywhere with you.' I should have wanted that. I didn't."

She was the type of woman I admired but never wanted to be like.

I would have pretended to want to move to New Zealand and filed it under bridges soon to be burnt, never crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment