Sunday, January 23, 2011



Love isn't real if it isn't scary. Feelings are, by definition, disturbing. Experience is not what happens to you, but how you wear it. Art was always more important than love. That's still true, but now, I feel them stitched together. Now, it's all one thing. It's a two-way addiction. He shook me to my shadow and it doesn't get easier, does it?

"It might. In time, I think it will."

"Yeah."

"Life is weird, isn't it?"

"But wonderful. Also wonderful. This is wonderful."

"You look touched."

"I am."

When someone can feel that place, that place you can't communicate, it breaks something inside you but it heals things, too. I walk around and I think the whole world can see the broken change; painted on my face, bleeding out of fingers, across a screen, on a page.

And that's how I fell in love and lost all control on the same day.


No comments:

Post a Comment